Like a king

Breakfast is definitely something I grew into - I remember the torture of having to sit through breakfasts at the crack of dawn before school. I have to give my mum props for trying to make breakfasts interesting when I was growing up but for some reason, with the exception of Sunday morning breakfasts, they were more of a chore than anything else. I could never understand how anyone could stomach anything so early in the morning. Nowdays however, I've come to love the first meal of the day, whether it's with company or in comfortable solitude.

While breakfasts back in Malaysia tend to be more elaborate affairs (those delicious bowls of curry noodles!), over here I usually start the day with a bowl of my favourite cereal, the oh-so-addictive Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Cornflakes (which I highly recommend), and much to the chagrin of my housemates, sans the milk - because I'm just odd that way.

"Make sure you have a good breakfast"
Funny, how long it's taken me to fully appreciate those words of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment