A Starbucks Christmas


'Tis the season for the Christmas coffees and I think that Starbucks serves up the yummiest ones around. I remember being very much amused when the usual coffee outlets started advertising their Christmas-inspired beverages in my very first year in London - I suppose coming from Malaysia, it never occured to me that at this time of year, anything and everything can embrace the Christmas spirit.

This time around, Starbucks has done away with the Dark Cherry Mocha as we've been introduced to the Peppermint Mocha. I have to say, I'm glad we were introduced - the peppermint-chocolate pairing is a classic one and the bitterness of the coffee complements it perfectly. The other usual suspects are around for the holiday season as well - the Gingerbread Latte and the Toffee Nut Latte, both equally delicious. Oh, the choices one must make! The only Christmas beverage that I have yet to try involves eggnog and while I cannot comment from personal experience, I have been told to stick to the other three.

A hot drink, warmth, some light music and a comforting background din - it's difficult to resist walking into Starbucks (or any of the other coffee outlets for that matter) during the gloomy winter months. I've always loved the smell of coffee that hits you as you walk into a Starbucks outlet, how it invites you in and envelopes you - add a dash of Christmas spices to the mix and you've got a winning combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment