Reese's Peanut Butter Chip Cookies




I was given a bag of peanut butter chips recently and while I was tempted to eat them right out of the bag, just as they were, I decided that I'd be good and whip up a batch of cookies with them instead (of course, that didn't stop me from sneaking in a few mouthfuls of peanut butter chips in the process - quality control, you know). 

Adapted from Food.com's Reese's Original Peanut Butter Chip Cookies 
(Makes about 36)

Ingredients:
3/4 butter, softened
1 1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups unsifted plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
140g peanut butter chips

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
Add eggs and beat well
Combine flour and baking soda
Add flour to batter in small batches, stir well (As always, I ended up using my hands)
Add chips and mix well
Wrap dough up with clingfilm and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour 
Preheat oven to 176 degrees Celsius 
Drop teaspoon sized balls of dough onto a baking sheet-lined tray, about 2 cm apart and bake for 10-12 minutes (or until the cookies are a light brown)

 
I was almost certain that I had brown sugar in the cupboard but discovered, after a bit of digging around, that I had actually completely run out of it. I didn't want the cookies to be missing that slight caramel taste that brown sugar lends to cookies, though, so some innovation had to be employed. Chelsea Sugar - Baking Substitutions came to the rescue - with substitutions for most of the fundamental baking ingredients covered, this is definitely one handy link.

And the cookies?
Slight taste of caramel - check. Yummy salty-sweetness from the peanut butter chips - check. Addictive - CHECK. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment